Friday, January 10, 2014

Therapeutic Ramblings

Why does it have to be dark when I get up in the morning!?! I don't remember a time when it was dark until 7am. Weird. Maybe it's part of getting older (forgotten that it's darker in the winter), or maybe the sun is getting older too, and may need to sleep in during the colder months? Either way, it pisses me off. When I wake in the morning, I want to be greeted by the light of the Sun. No wonder there are so many unhappy people during the winter. No one wants to start their day in the dark.

My dogs... ugh. I love all three of them, but come on!! You would think it was my puppy having potty issues, but it isn't- it's my 3 year old 80lb hound mix (Nala). She has been known to have bladder issues, and even uses Proin from time to time... I get it, but why must she only be leaky when she's in my bed!?! Nothing like waking up to a peed bed... if anyone is peeing my bed, it should be me!! (not that I pee the bed anymore- haven't had that issue in about... 30 years).

Then there is the puppy (Holly) She is a 4 month old Maltese. My house is made up of three flights of stairs, so to get to anything important, you must climb or descend at least one flight (but more accurately it's usually 2 flights). Holly can go up the stairs effortlessly, but she runs into a problem when she tries to come back down. It's almost as if she is being forced to jump out of an airplane without a 'chute. She cries and whines like she's being killed. I know that's a scary thing for a 6 pound little ball of fluff, but come on!!!

Lastly, there's Barney (our Yorkie) he is the most jealous, insecure dog I've ever encountered. If he feels that one of the other dogs is getting more attention than him, he will wiggle his way in-between whatever is taking his attention and myself. He's really a sweet guy, but has issues. He can't allow himself to be more than 10 feet from a human at any given time. Thank goodness he's a dog, and not a man... can you imagine!?!

They're like normal family members, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We all have challenges in life... and apparently, I crave chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment